If you have an HMO or managed care plan that requires a referral, please contact your primary care physician at least one week before your appointment to make arrangements to obtain your referral. We will need a written referral when you arrive for your first appointment.
What information will I need when I schedule my first appointment?
- The name of your insurance carrier (for example: Blue Cross of Maryland)
- Your policy number
- The name of the referring physician
- A brief description of the problem that brings you to our office
- The name of any place where you’ve already had x-rays or other diagnostic tests (such as an MRI) done for this problem
What information will I receive before my first appointment?
- A patient medical history form
- Our financial policy
- Our brochure with directions to our offices
- A HIPAA brochure
What should I do before my first appointment?
- Fill out the patient medical history form
- You are having a MRI, complete the MRI screening form
- Read over our financial policy
- Make a list of all the medications, vitamins and/or supplements (including the dosage) you take
- Make a few notes about your symptoms and concerns
- Write down any questions you have
What should I bring to my first appointment?
- Photo identification
- The completed patient medical history form
- Your insurance card and co-pay
- A written referral form (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Any medical records and diagnostic test results related to your problem
- The list of your medications
- Your notes and questions
- Any forms which you need us to complete